Friday, March 13, 2009

MavDog here. I was reading an article in the local paper the other day and thought that I should pass it on. It is about the "dog park area" in the State Park. I know there are some really strong feelings about this whole thing and I don't know what I think just yet. I know I like to go there, but that is mainly cause I am very obsessed with frisbee and my dad brings the frisbee when we go there and we play frisbee. I really like frisbee. Well, I have a good friend who knows a lot about this stuff, so I am gonna talk to her and get more information and write again, but for now here is the article:

4 comments:

  1. I think the city should look into building a proper dog park with a fence. That field (which is supposed to be a butterfly sanctuary) was just taken over by dog owners and isn't a real dog park. Nobody regulates it, there is dog poop everywhere and dogs can run into the road and get hit!
    There are dog parks in Clifton Park and Ballston Spa. It's a little odd that Saratoga doesn't have one too considering how many dogs live in the city. Since dogs aren't allowed unleashed in any public space I think it would be a nice gesture if the city would consider giving a small corner over to the dog owners. We do, after all, pay licensing fees for our dogs. Where does the money go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - what do all those licensing fees go toward? We need space - especially for frisbee chasing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if we are to look at a fenced in park we should take a leaf out parks like Mary Jane Row dog park in Halfmoon. There are a few simple rules there that responsible dog owners abide by that seems to make it a really safe well-run eco friendly park with really minimal effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just make sure Maverick doesn't get his way and turn it into a "fetch only" park!

    ReplyDelete